A warm welcome and thank you for your interest.
Conradie Penhill Artisanal Wines is a boutique winery based at the foothills of the famous Langeberg Mountains in the Nuy Valley, situated between Worcester and Robertson in the Cape Winelands of South Africa. The company was created in January 2015 through the formation of a partnership between Gareth and Kate Penny, owners of the nearby, beautifully restored Penhill Manor, and the award winning, fifth generation winemaker of Conradie Family Vineyards Private Cellar, C.P. Conradie.
We produce two ranges of wines, most of which have won either gold or double gold awards in both South Africa’s and international top wine award competitions. Our existing Conradie Family Vineyards range consists of mainly single noble variety white and red wines including our award winning 2008 and 2009 Frederick Conrady Method Cap Classique sparkling wine and our 2009 Red Muscadel. Our new Penhill range, launched for the first time in September 2015, consists of two blended varietal wines, one premium white blend wine and one premium red blend wine.
Our aim is to produce and offer these superb handcrafted wines at the highest possible levels of quality and with commensurate promotion and customer service levels. We offer 5 key services:
1. Direct Sales and Delivery of our Award Winning Wines – at our cellar and to any address in South Africa and the UK mainland, Ireland, Offshore Islands and Europe.
2. A UK and European Cellar Direct Service – offered at our cellar in South Africa to facilitate the convenient and efficient ordering and delivery of our wines to visitors’ homes or businesses on their return to the UK and Europe.
3. Masterclass and Tutored Educational Tasting Events – presented by our award winning partner and winemaker, C.P. Conradie, in South Africa and in the UK, Europe and other international markets. This is to facilitate a greater customer and consumer understanding and appreciation of our wines.
4. Promotional Tasting Events – to generate awareness and trial of our wines at prestigious indoor and outdoor events throughout South Africa, the UK, Europe and other international markets.
5. Wine Advice – provided by our expert winemaker and knowledgeable staff to match the specific wine style and taste preferences of our customers.
We hope you will explore our prestigious wine list and enjoy reading our website. We are confident that you will appreciate our fine range of premium award winning, handcrafted wines on offer, at prices that fairly reflect their quality. Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via any of the methods below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
With kind regards
GARETH & KATE PENNY, C. P. & LEANA CONRADIE
Goud – Friederich Conradÿ MCC 2017
Silver – Conradie Family Vineyards Pinotage 2018
Silver – Conradie Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
Silver – Penhill Sauvignon Blanc 2019
Silver – Conradie Family Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc 2019
Vitis Vinifera Awards
Conradie Pinotage Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 – Gold
Veritas Awards 2018
Cape Blends Conradie Family Vineyards Pinotage/Cab Sauv 2018 – Bronze
Penhill Saw Edge Peak 2015 – Bronze
Breedekloof/Worcester Winemaker of the Year 2017
Conradie Penhill Wines – CP Conradie
Class 2 – Sauvignon Blanc
Conradie Penhill Wines – 3rd place
Class 4 – White Blends
Conradie Penhill Wines – 4th place
Class 7 – Cabernet Sauvignon
Conradie Penhill Wines – 1st place
Class 8 – Fortified Wines
Conradie Penhill Wines – 1st place
Conradie Penhill wines available at:
CT – Wine Concepts, Cnr. Kildare Rd. & Main Street, Newlands. Tel: 021-6719030.
JHB – Liquor City, 359 Cnr. Jan Smuts & Rutland Ave., Craighall, Tel: 011 781 0969.
Durban – Meander Fine Wines, Piggly Wiggly Centre, R103, Tel: 033 234 2913.
Hermanus – Wine Village, Hemel en Aarde Road, Hermanus, Tel: 028 316 3988.
Knysna – Olive Tree Restaurant, 21 Main Street, Knysna, Tel: 044 382 5867.
Plettenberg Bay – Baillies, 29 Main Street, Plettenberg Bay, Tel: 082 553 4625.